The Ice Edge is a winter tire that's designed to give drivers of coupes, sedans, CUVs, and SUVs an edge on ice, snow, and slush covered roads thanks to its outstanding cold weather grip.
- Tread is designed for use in winter weather
- Black sidewall
- Can be pinned with studs for additional grip on icy and snowy roads
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol means this tire has been certified to perform in severe snow conditions
- Winter weather often means colder temperatures along with ice and snow. While some might welcome the change in season, the change in elements can make driving more stressful than it needs to be, as attempting to navigate through ice and snow covered roads might be very dangerous. Fortunately, winter tires are designed to give drivers added traction during the colder months, and the Ice Edge from Sumitomo was specifically built to help drivers of coupes, sedans, CUVs, and SUVs conquer winter weather. Featuring a special rubber compound that allows for superior performance in colder weather, the Ice Edge is built with wide tread channels that quickly remove ice and slush to strengthen grip. An optimized siping pattern provides additional biting edges, and the Ice Edge is pinned for optional studs to further increase traction on wintery roads.
- Triangular center blocks enhance stability and handling
- Optimized stud pin distribution enhances performance when studded
- Specially formulated rubber for winter performance