Nexen's Winguard Sport 2 is a studless performance winter tire that's designed for use on passenger cars such as coupes, sedans, and CUVs and offers drivers excellent traction and performance in icy and snowy weather. The Nexen Winguard Sport 2 tire delivers high performance in winter. It is designed for SUVs and light trucks and features many individual blocks that work together with a high sipe density to enhance traction on snow and ice. Wide grooves provide an outlet to remove slush and water from the footprint for higher hydroplaning resistance. The directional tread pattern enhances cornering and the robust construction ensures an even footprint.
- Winter tread design
- Special tread compounds for a superior winter grip
- Black sidewall
- High sipe density for excellent traction and reduced wear
- Three Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol means this tire is certified to perform in severe snow conditions
- Optimized center patch enhances comfort and handling
- Built with an innovative sipe design for better grip on icy and snowy roads
- Winter weather often brings ice, slush, and snow with it, and these unforgiving conditions can make driving more difficult than it needs to be. Fortunately, winter tires are built to give drivers constant traction and performance in these conditions, and the Winguard Sport 2 from Nexen does that and more for drivers of passenger cars. Additional multi-sipes enhance grip for better braking performance on icy and snowy roads, while large, wide grooves within the tread of the Winguard Sport 2 funnel water, slush, and snow away from the tire to reduce the risk of hydroplaning. The Winguard Sport 2 is built with durable materials for a longer tread life, and also features a directional tread pattern that improves traction and cornering on dry and snowy roads.